1. Power of Attorney service is provided in two ways:
a) Processing of unsigned Power of Attorney by the consular wing of the High Commission.
b) Countersigning the Power of Attorney already processed by the solicitor/Notary Public and duly attested by Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), UK.
2. Requirements for Processing of Power of Attorney by the High Commission:
a) Physical presence of the executant(s) at the High Commission to sign in front of the consular officer.
b) An unsigned Power of Attorney document completed in all respect.
c) A valid Bangladeshi passport/Foreign passport with No Visa Required (NVR) of all executants.
d) One copy passport size photograph for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
3. Requirements for countersigning the Power of Attorney documents processed by the solicitor/Notary Public and attested by FCO, UK:
a) The Power of Attorney document processed and completed in all respect by the solicitor/ Notary Public and then attested by FCO, UK prior to coming to the High Commission.
b) Countersigning the Power of Attorney document by consular officer of the High Commission. There is no requirement of the physical presence of executant(s) in the High Commission. Anyone can bring the Power of Attorney documents for countersigning.
4. Countersigning of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka:
a) After signing the documents, you need to make a photocopy of the entire document and submit the photocopy to the Power of Attorney at the counter of the consular section for onward submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
b) The original copy of Power of Attorney document must be countersigned by the MOFA, Dhaka within 3 months from the date of signing at the High Commission. This should be done before submission of the document to the concerned office in Bangladesh for necessary execution of Power of Attorney.
5. Fee (Non-refundable): £12.00. Please pay by Debit/Credit card. No Cheque and cash is acceptable.
6. Receiving time: Between 10:00 am- 1:00 pm (Monday –Thursday) and between 10:00 -12:30 pm (Friday).
7. Delivery time: Same day delivery.
Note-1: There is no specific form prescribed for Power of Attorney. This should be prepared as per the requirement of the applicant(s).